[TheList] HAMSPHERE SOFTWARE

Tim Devaney timdevaneynz at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 07:35:42 AEDT 2011

Hi. I have been using also and talked on it but had no idea what to do or
to say really . Is what we hear on here coming from people with real ham
radios or can we only hear what others with the programme are transmitting
 kinda like Skype but in a ham style way ? There's all these codes they use
and stuff . Ill be god Dam if I can understand em . Great software though

On Tuesday, December 27, 2011, Kevin Cosgrove <krcosgrove at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Bob
> I have been listening around but have not talked yet.  I will use my old
NZART listeners sql number of ZL409.

bobthebookman at farmside.co.nz> wrote:

>> I have used Hamsphere  for a couple of years now,  use the help commands
under the help screen, use it like a CB if nothing else
>> It's not radio so they can't enforce those rules, more like be nice or
else!
>> They have just upgraded the user screen and main change is that one can
choose a server from the three they use, some are better than others
>> I use it all the time but I wouldn't have spoken to more than 3 kiwis on
it
>> then again what's the point of an International system to talk to kiwis?
>>
>> My call sign is 41HS1451
>> 41 is the free band code for nz and 1451 is my cb callsign, now they
allocate a number, hams use thier own CS
>> Cheers
>> Bob
>> Rotorua
>>

>> On 27/12/2011, at 3:19 PM, <teamkeewee at kiwiasylum.com> wrote:
>>
>> Good stuff!   $50 is pretty cool and I just jumped on and dialed up and
getting chatter straight out....just tune to freq?  sorry not much help but
cheers for the hamsphere!

program called Hamsphere.  Its available for mac and Windows.  Become  a
Ham without getting a license.(not quite but close)  I have downloaded it
and subscribed but not to sure how to make contacts and also how to tune
the receiver

--

*Tim Devaney**
*