[TheList] APCO25

Neill Ellis tgsnoopy at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 17:36:57 AEST 2011

LOL, or High Power on HF to set off Burglar Alarms. One of the local
rouges hammered Tauranga to the point that just about all the alarms
were replaced with newer equipment that had better immunity.
Occasionally he'd go over to Rotovegas or Hamiltown and cause caos over
there.

Then there was the VESDA Fire Alarm in the telephone exchanges,
temperamental at the best of times. Fire would check, reset the system
etc. Last thing they'd do was call up on their handportable to say it
was all good and they were on their way. Of course the burst of RF from
that call just outside the door would often set it off again.

Those were the days.

Thanks for the stroll down memory lane Andy :-)

Regards,

Neill.