[TheList] TV shutdown, are we likely to get 6m back?

Denis Dawson ddawson at xnet.co.nz
Mon Sep 20 17:24:50 AEST 2010

The "spare frequencies" they are referring to are mostly at the top of the
UHF band adjacent to the existing cellular bands. It makes sense to extend
the these bands downwards to make room for new 4G technologies.

If the Govt thinks it can sell and reuse the bottom VHF bands it is
dreaming.

Up here in Palmerston North I can almost always see a trace of the TV2 CH1
carrier from Mt Studholm on my 6M transceiver, it will be a shame in a way
to see it turned off.

Likewise there are several high powered CH0 TXs in East Coast Oz that pop up
here in the summer ( and sometimes winter) months. They will be a loss as a
band indicator.

Denis

  _____