[TheList] Hi Scott and Wellington Hams.

Mark Foster blakjak at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 14:56:57 AEST 2010

The Amateur GURL specifically flags:

433.92 MHz (433.05 - 434.79 MHz),

As being "designated for industrial, scientific and medical (ISM) purposes.
These frequencies may also be allocated to Short Range Device (SRD)
services. Amateur operators must accept interference from ISM and SRD
services within these frequency ranges."

It means that Amateurs must accept interference from SRD and ISM devices but
there's nothing in the GURL to mandate that this does or does not apply the
other way around.

Amateurs tend to keep fixed-station stuff away from SRD/ISM as the
intereference received tends to overrule most other considerations.

www.vhf.org.nz might have some useful info for you - Wellington VHF Group
operate a lot of the 70cm UHF kit in the Wellington area.

Mark.