[TheList] Music over the Police/Fire channel

Chris radiowiki at archnetnz.com
Mon May 31 12:05:46 AEST 2010

On Sun, 30 May 2010 22:06:04 +1200, Steve Austin <nzscanners at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Not many realised the major change to NZ law in regard to surveillance
> on you and I as well. A box in every ISP to directly "sniff/Filter" your
> IP and Telephone cell or landline activities and they do not require a
> signed search warrant anymore.
> I remember It quietly came into force on the last during the 2009 Xmas
> holidays when everyone was heading away to holiday with other things on
> their minds.

And to be fair.... its the best time to do that type of legislation..
Mainly because when you all come back from Holidays - you have fines in the
mail
for infringements you knew nothing about..

(If I recall correct, the pedestrian crossing law change came in around the
same time)

and lets face it, at that time of year, the news media like to report on
fluffy animals..