[TheList] Music over the Police/Fire channel

Steve Austin nzscanners at gmail.com
Fri May 28 13:55:51 AEST 2010

Well done Bob or whoever you are ......

I might just offer my FT1000 to the local kindergarten for the kids to
play on. Oh and I will give an old transmitting 75 meg Tait to some
burgulars for when they get out so maybe they can jam the police channel
open and use it for crime.

Common sense may prevail.......one day..............but obviously not in
your camp.

Its not illegal to sell hydroponic equipment either on Trade Me anyone
interested in buying my supergrow lights that you can grow good drugs
with.  I know you are only going to grow tomatoes with the $1000 worth
of lights you just purchased..............But I can sell to whom ever I
please on Trademe....................

With an attitude like that its no wonder access to amateur radio
equipment has got so slack now that any moron can buy a radio and use it
with no apparent vetting of them carried out we have problems on local
repeaters with people butting in with no callsigns thinking the radio
they just purchased is a UHF CB! .....must be the $$$$$$ talking

Steve Austin