[TheList] Music over the Police/Fire channel

Steve Austin nzscanners at gmail.com
Fri May 28 09:19:30 AEST 2010

Hello,

The interference is in fact an uplink that is running. the music is the
National programe (Concert program) on national radio. I have been
monitoring this issue for more that 3 years now. With the recent changes
to the radio freq's it is now more prevalent. Its a commercial radio
station up link not a person maliciously causing it. The RFS (or MED)
don't appear to be following it through. Probably because the users i.e
police/fire havent seen it as a problem until now.
Channel 3 Police here 75.3 have has harmonic issues for over 10 years
now if they got near the ChCh polytec where their 160 meg uplink was
transmitting they just did not realise what it was. I have been in a
police car when the interference happened in 1999! No I was not cuffed
in the back seat :-)
Over the past few years there has been ducting from Australia on the 75
meg links causing issues but this seperate problem has been around for a
very long time......jut not acted on or identified till maybe now.
The amateur mentioned in the scoop report has been given his equipment
back all except the 5Kw linear amp.
Why do the MED (RFS) R I's (Yes you know who you are) do anything about
the junky chinese  made radios and others that are continously available
and sold to unlicenced people on Trade Me? But thats another issue.

Regards
Steve