[TheList] Music over the Police/Fire channel

Mike Trump zl3tpq at hotmail.com
Fri May 28 05:17:00 AEST 2010

Exactly Mike,
I'm not saying people shouldn't have these things, it's just that a few that do, need to use their brains before they go making the rest of us that own this sort of gear look like idiots.
And as Ray mentioned, the night that I heard it, wasn't the only time that this interference occured.

As for that guy that posted on YouTube, his running of a transmitter on 3kW, I have absolutely NO sympathy at all, for him losing his radio equipment.
Listen, whenever someone has a TVI problem, who gets accused of being the source first?
Usually it's the guy next door or down the road with "the big aerial".
Regardless of the fact that TV's are made so cheaply these days and overload easily with stray signals.
This guy isn't really helping our cause though, when the general public read an article like that one, they equate the word "amateur" with second-rate or not good enough to be a professional.

Sorry, I hope I haven't offended anyone here, I just wanted to put it to you floks that this sort of bad publicity, hurts all of us that work with radio gear.

Cheers,
Mike T.