[TheList] CHC airport

Neill Ellis tgsnoopy at gmail.com
Sun May 16 09:45:03 AEST 2010

Wow, they have to be extremely hot for that reaction!

With Jet's landing into the wind, Reverse Thrusters and Air Brakes
combined with Flaps and computer controlled braking pressure that's
quite unusual. Brake temperature is well monitored and there are alarms
for high temperatures, but to warrant a fire response it makes me wonder
what the pilots did or didn't do that caused all this heat. If it was a
mechanical failure of some kind I doubt the aircraft would have taken
off as scheduled.

I will try to find out more :-)

Neill.