[TheList] T500 TX issue

Shane V levick at clear.net.nz
Tue Mar 23 04:41:22 AEDT 2010

Awesome report...This makes for great reading....Thanks Neil..

Auckland is lucky in one advent I guess, being last to move
digital...Listening in for some light back ground chatter will be
missed by me also...Still have fire and ambo chatter for the time being I
guess

Auckland has a colourful life on the edacs trunking channels from what I
recall...may have to resurrect my 800 MHz antennas..

My tech time is with domestic tuners...everything is processor controlled
with a PLL being controlled by AGC feedback and s curve
tracking for final lock...One rock on 7.2 MHz to look after everything to do
with tuning.

I have a RCA portable in front of me that used to be police many moons
ago...I can't bring myself to pass it on or throw it out..
It still has a label with Rotorua Temp on it.  All D band channels I seem to
recall.
It is set up with crystals RX and TX for the eight possible channels...It
still works too....

Nice to see us flare up again

Cheers guys..