[TheList] T500 TX issue

Neill Ellis tgsnoopy at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 07:29:50 AEDT 2010

You are obviously lucky enough to not be familiar with them. There is a
multichannel kit that can scan, but there weren't many made and it's a
painfully slow scan as the PLL doesn't lock very quickly. I don't know
of any voting on T500's except perhaps the control channel antics on the
T555TR.

The ESA receivers I did with the external box containing a PIC micro and
LCD that had the voting used to sense the PLL locking and would wait 80
milliseconds after that for the mute to open before stepping on. The
control electronics/display were in the centre console of the car and
the radios under my seat. It uted the stereo and used those speakers and
could even be routed to the PA speaker in the front of the car if I
wanted it to.

They were great units. Ironic thing is, I haven't programmed a single
PIC in about 4 years now and would need to start again from scratch as I
no longer have the ASM file I used. In fact I doubt my programmer would
be workable anymore (Warp

There is no harm in offering to help or provide insight Shane, I'd
rather see something we can steer in the right direction than nothing at
all.

As for the transition to digital, I'll miss having the chance to listen
if I choose, but I must admit I'm not listening that much these days.

Down in my patch, having a voting receiver is quite necessary. My
personal one had two modified T515's under micro control. One would be
comparing RSSI of the relevant channels while the other provided the
recovered audio. Only a single front end and band filter, it splitting
and being fed to the two receivers just prior to the first mixer. It
used to swap between receivers regularly, but it was essentially silent,
frequently changing while there was still loads of signal, a huge
advantage over the normal T700 receivers which waiting until there was
practically no signal before doing a comparison.

Good to see some activity on the list for a change :-)

Neill.