[TheList] T500 TX issue

Z-master zmasta at orcon.net.nz
Sat Mar 20 10:21:47 AEDT 2010

Hi team,

I'm going to throw something out there, and hope someone whos smarter
than me
(ie pretty much anyone haha) can tell me what the hell is going on.

I purchased a Tait T500 off TradeMe. I'm told (and
given the condition when it arrived - I believed) that this item was
BRAND NEW
(not bad for an RT that's a little bit younger than me) so it doesn't
appear to
have been played with AT ALL.

I have an interesting problem where when the unit is powered on it TXs on a
frequency and slowly rolls down from there. I do not have an antenna plugged
into it, so I'm not overly concerned to test this. But I can see (using a
PCR-1000 and an IC-R5 and a UBC-72XLT that the unit slowly rolls down the
frequencies all the time transmitting. It started on 485.3MHz and has slowly
gone down to 480.7625 at the time of posting, but I can see it dropping
down as
i'm writing this on the PCR-1000s band scope.

Is this some type of weird first startup test? Or is something else causing
this.

I'm completely lost. Hope someone can shed some light or give me some ideas.

Regards,

Z-master