[TheList] Central Otago Police Frequency

Mark Foster blakjak at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 14:25:22 AEDT 2010

I'm not in Central Otago and have no plans to visit and/or a desire to
listen to my receiver while i'm there, so personally, I don't care about the
specifics of the information you've gathered.

However I do believe in the concept of, well, sharing; the wiki records a
bunch of information that I'm sure was hard-won (or just hard-recorded) by
_someone_ (or several someones) who decided that it was nicer to share that
information, rather than hoard it, for the benefit of all interested.

I'm happy for you that you are enjoying the fruits of your labour, but if
everyone adopted your attitude we'd hardly have a community at all, and
websites like radiowiki.org.nz wouldn't exist.

In the end the Police freq's folks are listening to around the place are
going to become largely redundant with the introduction of
Digital+Encryption, so somewhat surprised at your miserly approach.
*shrug*.

Mark.