[TheList] Railway Frequencies and fire selcalls

Gary Lowndes gary at flightpath.co.nz
Mon Jun 28 23:19:54 AEST 2010

Why off list ? That's what the list is for !!

> But as I head up north quite a bit for work, I was just wondering what
> the best frequencies would be for Northland.
>
> If there are any train enthusiasts out there that can help me out, I
> would love to hear from you - off list, after all don't want to bore
> people here :)

On a completely unrelated note, for those of you trying to keep Auckland
fire selcall boards up to date, Henderson are working up their new 657
appliance at the moment. On the weekend they brought both 657's round to
the park near my house to test the monitor - yes I did say both 657's.
Until the new one takes over they have a new truck and an old truck both
stickered up as 657. Not sure how the radios are set up or being used, I
haven't caught that yet.

Cheers
Gary