[TheList] OT: 25way RS-232 cable or printer cable

Chris H radiowiki at archnetnz.com
Sun Jul 25 21:40:49 AEST 2010

Hello 'List'

Sorry for the off topic post.......

I am looking for a place where I can get about 15 - 30 meters of 25 way
cable.. you know the old school RS-232 or printer cable....

I really only need a 12 core but the thickness of the cable is maxed at
6.35MM due to the boot, and as this is going outside I guess I should
not be too 'dodgy'

It's to go into the following:
http://nz.farnell.com/deutsch/imc26-2212x/plug-in-line-12way/dp/1019239?crosssellid=1019239&crosssell=true&in_merch=true&

I have tried (websites) Jaycar, DSE, General Cable, Computer Dynamics,
but they only sell pre-molded ones, and I cant guarantee the amount of
cores in the cable.

I figure this list would be a good place to advise where cable can be
purchased from :)

Cheers in advance..