[TheList] FM Radio Movements

Chris radiowiki at archnetnz.com
Tue Jul 6 16:42:17 AEST 2010

On Tue, 2010-07-06 at 16:12 +1200, Mike Barnes (ZL3TMB) wrote:
> Probably Kordia, they are changing stupid $$ for tower space these days
> Some simply can't afford it so are forced to move, site & frequency.
>
> Cheers
> Mike

Might be asking a bit of a dumb question here, but why would a site move
require a frequency shift???

>From that site Dan sent the comment was:

"Between now and April 2011 a significant number of stations will be
changing their frequencies. This is a legal requirement of the
Government to bring our FM broadcasting framework into line with
international standards. In total there will be around 250 changes
across the whole of New Zealand – that's around a third of frequencies."

I would still be interested to know what these 'international standards'
are and why we did not implement them when they came out -- because from
what I can see from Auckland at least, Flav'a and George FM is
changing , none of the other established stations are, and those would
be the two newest FM stations in Auckland (I think)...

So it seems odd to give them a frequency that did not fit in with the
'international standards'...

:)