[TheList] MED newsletter

Neill Ellis tgsnoopy at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 17:23:57 AEDT 2010

I have some friends that live within a couple of days walking from here
that have their own hydro power station (not a little one either, think
dam, penstocks, powerhouse, supplying more than one house, not grid
tied). Their remote site is on top of a peak with 360° views and their
paddocks largely back onto native bush. It's not unusual for them to be
able to shoot a pig/deer, basically from their breakfast table, after it
wanders out of the bush onto their paddocks.

Likewise they have a good view of anyone approaching and if they were so
inclined (which they aren't) you wouldn't get close.

Sadly no signs of night vision, automatic weapons, hoards of ammo,
stashes of tinned food etc.

I think in the scenario described by Vaughan I think you might just meet
an untimely end in vain if you did try to raid their non existent stash.

Unfortunately CB is one of those things that will be of use post a
global communications network collapse.

I of course own other equipment capable of operation on that frequency
range should I need it in an emergency.

:-)