[TheList] Listening to other stuff.

Steve Austin nzscanners at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 08:25:14 AEDT 2010

Andy,

Oh Really? then why I ask was the press release delayed? Why did it not
contain the full details within the average time of the incident that other
serious accidents are reported by the police?
I point out that the 1st crash was the evening before....NO Press release
about it. The second crash was approximately 12:30 and the press release
about both crashes was sent out at 17:59 in time to miss the 6pm news how
unusual. Spin I say eh? Tell them only what they need to know and control
release it. Fortunately for the media the ambulance and fire were called so
they got their details from them. Why is there pressure from the police
quarters to encrypt their systems as well ? Not just digital but encrypted.

Why did I witnessed (In 2006) 7 police cars involved in following an
offender when police policy is for two on numerous occasions. Why was I
stopped by police whilst enroute to the end result of a pursuit incident
where 5 police cars were damaged.I wonder who blatantly blurted over the
radio "stop that media guy from getting to the scene" so I was stopped and
checked by police on a random stop at 3am in the morning on a deserted
suburban street that took about 15 minutes where they, rightfully I might
add, checked my licence, tyres, warrant, registration label, breath tested,
checked my lights and then I waited while the details came back to them on
the radio which were incidently delivered quite fast but the officers chose
to sit in their car for 5 minutes and radio back to the incident to make
sure that the scene was cleared.......I then got a fantastic escort to the
crash scene by no other than the NZ police making sure that I belted up,
signalled and did not exceed 50KM/H.
The above incident is only one of many...but I don't want to bore people
with my stories.

Yeah I know I broke the law acting on Information arrest me. The legislation
is now a lot tougher if you actively try to, or in fact successfully decrypt
the radio traffic its jail jail jail.

Of course I'm just ranting now its my word against theirs and we know the
police never cover up or bend the truth, so I'll be the one that's
fabricating the whole incident. I'm not defending the media either they can
twist things as well but they are more under public scrutiny  than
authorities that are be behind encryption and legislation.

Sorry but I just cant accept that the IPCA gets ALL the
facts................all the time.
Oh yeah and my favourite Police Officer quote that's used when they don't
want the media there........"You'll be arrested for obstruction"........ As
you stand in a public place outside a cordon while the general public are
walking through. Don't believe me.................It all on
video...................numerous times.............Especially the Halswell
Road Christchurch fatal police chase. I have seen the video with my own
eyes. I prefer to believe what I see and not what I'm told thanks.

I think we will never agree because as your callsign infers you are a ZL1
region "cop" and I'm (maybe) the Media. Or an avid scanner listener.

Steve