[TheList] Wellington frequencies

Shane V levick at clear.net.nz
Thu Nov 26 10:24:43 AEDT 2009

Interesting where this thread is going...

I carried my 396 with me last visit had a search set up  for
both UHF and VHF
configured to control channel only...

The scanner took care of the rest...every time a talk
channel presented the
frequency presented...

The trunk system will actually move through the channels
(frequecies) assigned to it to
give each repeater equal (ish) work time...so monitor with
its just busy enough
to not have multiple talk groups working off the same
control channel...

I saw four talk groups at work on a friday night...very hard
to monitor repeater coverage
when its that busy...I was working out the channel stepping.

Surely know one on our group would ever consider interfering
with
the operation of any emergency channel or working channel
full stop...