[TheList] FW: APCO 25 TESTING IN AK

ZLScanner ZLScanner at clear.net.nz
Sun May 31 19:20:19 AEST 2009

Don't be surprised when they switch the portable radios
to the new system. I'm told that the handheld radios the
troops are using now are able to operate on both of the
technologies - so to switch over would be just a menu
change made to each radio and the open channels that
most of us are listening to would very soon be gone.

Following that recalling vehicles to be de then reinstalled
with new comms gear at a central point would just be a
matter of time.