[TheList] [Theist] Rally

Gary Lowndes gary at flightpath.co.nz
Sun Jun 14 23:22:59 AEST 2009

To answer a few of the Targa posts :

The Police Safety at the front and Police Sweep at the rear are both
real live Police cars, and part of their Targa involves dealing with the
public in possible conflict situations - it's not all sitting in the car
looking flash :-)

The old MOT 999 car is the Results car that goes through behind the
field in front of the sweep picking up the paperwork and basically
making sure that all the cars that went into a stage have come out again
or been accounted for some other way.

The I-Car that landed in the creek was a local cop who basically bullied
his way past the official in charge of blocking that road, then
completely stuffed it up in front of a packed hospitality tent complete
with photographers ...  Not a Targa cop, and no he wasn't supposed to be
there, and yes there were consequences - one of which was Groundsky's
lovely "the faster you go the bigger the mess" poster. One day I'll get
around to getting mine framed and up on the wall :-)

Cheers
Gary