[TheList] Scott's trip back in time

ZLScanner zlscanner at clear.net.nz
Sat Jun 6 21:03:59 AEST 2009

Yup you were baiting me there, weren't you hehe.

Seriously though - the new 406 beacons are making things
a lot easier for emergency services but sometimes the location
(in a deep valley etc) of the person using it may mean a delay
before the satellite finally picks up the beacon.  If you are in
one of the DOC wilderness areas then the only way to get a
helicopter in to pick you up is by setting off one of these.