- 1 Event Numbers
- 2 Event Type Codes
- 3 Result (K) Codes
- 4 Radio Procedure (10) Codes
- 5 Procedure Words
An Event is a computer record created in the Police computer assisted dispatch system (CAD). Every event is assigned an event number (sometimes refered as an E number) Event numbers consist of a letter prefix (P for police and F for Fire) and a nine digit number. When spoken, the letter and the leading zeros are often omitted. Eg Event number P000123456 would be spoken as 'E number 123456'
Event Type Codes
Every event is assigned an event type code, which indicates what type of activity is involved. If the event involves an offence (ie something which is against the law) the event type code consists of four digits If the activity is something which is not a specific offence, a two character code is assigned.
There are also a small number of codes which relate to special situations which do not follow the standard format.
Summary: Event type codes may be any of the following:
|1310||Aggravated robbery (Weapon)|
|1316||Aggravated robbery (Manual)|
|1330||Assault with intent (Weapon)|
|1336||Assault with intent (Manual)|
|1340||Compelling execution of documents|
|1410||Wounding with intent GBH|
|1414||Wounding with intent to injure|
|1420||Injures with intent to GBH|
|1424||Injures with intent to injure|
|1460||Injures if death ensued|
|1471||Throws acid with intent to injure|
|1472||Poisons with intent to injure|
|1474||Infects with disease|
|1480||Use firearm on Police officer|
|1483||Commission of crime (firearm)|
|1490||Assault with a weapon|
|1520||Assault With Intent To Injure|
|1530||Assault On Child|
|1540||Male Assaults Female|
|1560||Assault Person Assist Police|
|1570||Assaults Person Lawful Ex Process|
|1610||Assault On Law Enforcement Officers (Summary Offence)|
|1620||Assault Person Assisting Police (Summary Offence)|
|1650||Miscellaneous Common Assault|
|1710||Threatens To Kill|
|1720||Threatening Act To Person Or Property|
|1740||Demand With Intent To Steal or Extort|
|1754||Possess Offensive Weapon|
|1758||Unlawful possess knife|
|1770||Fail To Provide Necessities Of Life|
|1790||Threatening To Dammage Property|
|1830||Crimes Against Personal Privacy|
|1850||Participation and Association Offences|
|1853||Participates in criminal group|
|2210||Indecent Performances And Acts|
|2380||Sexual Intercourse With Child Under Care|
|2610||Abduct young person for sex|
|2620||Abduct person for sex|
|2632||Indecently Assaults Female Over 16|
|2635||Indecent Assault On Male Over 16|
|2655||Sexual Conduct with child under 12 years|
|2656||Sexual conduct with young person|
|2660||Attempt rape and assault with intent to rape|
|2670||Assault Intent To Commit Sexual Violation|
|2810||Sexual conduct with young person under 16 years|
|2813||Sexual Intercourse With subnormal female|
|2830||Indecent Assaults by Female|
|2950||Child Sex Tours Offences|
|2951||Sex with child outside NZ|
|2962||Knowingly makes objectionable publication|
|2963||Supplied restricted material|
|2966||Exhibits objectionable material to persons under 18|
|2970||Offences for Commercial sex services|
|2973||Prostitution Under 18|
|2962||Knowingly makes objectionable publication|
Drugs & Anti-Social Behavior
|3110||Import, Supply or Produce Class A Drug|
|3115||Import, Supply or Produce Class B Drug|
|3140||Possess to Supply Class A Drug|
|3145||Possess to Supply Class B Drug|
|3151||Possess Class A|
|3154||Possess Class B|
|3158||Possess Instruments A & B|
|3160||Consume drugs class A & B|
|3181||Permit premises A & B|
|3187||Aids offences outside New Zealand|
|3191||Conspiracy to deal A Class Drugs|
|3192||Conspiracy to deal B Class Drugs|
|3193||Conspiracy to deal C Class Drugs|
|3210||Import, Supply or Produce Class C Drugs|
|3240||Possess to supply class C Drugs|
|3150||Possess Class C Drugs|
|3255||Possess Instruments (cannabis)|
|3273||Possess equipment or substance to produce drug|
|3281||Permit premises cannabis|
|3420||Gaming House Offences|
|3515||Resist Person Assisting Police|
|3516||Resist Other Official|
|3517||Obstruct Public Place|
|3521||Incite Violence, disorder or lawlessness|
|3529||Other Incite or encourage Offences|
|3537||Disorderly Behaviour Private Premises|
|3538||Threatening Behaviour likely to Cause Violince|
|3560||Miscellaneous Disorder Offences|
|3620||Preparing To Commit Crimes|
|3711||Cruelty To Child|
|3712||Wilful Neglect Child|
|3713||Abandon child under 6 years|
|3714||Leavng Child Wthout Reasnble Supervisor|
|3719||Other Child Abuse Non Assault|
|3743||Offence Against Matrimonial Prop Act|
|3746||Failure Attend Court|
|3750||Family proceedings Act offences|
|3796||Slave Dealing Under 18|
|3810||Publishing and Document Offences|
|3820||Child and Young Person Act Offences|
|3851||Contravenes Protection Order (Firearm)|
|3852||Contravenes Protection Order (Non Firearm)|
|3853||Fail To Comply Conditions Of Order (Firearm)|
|3854||Fail Comply Condition Of Order (Non Firearm)|
|3856||Breach Of Publication Restrictions|
|3910||Closure Of Licensed Premises for Rioting or Fightng|
|3920||Licenced Premises Liquer Offence Selling to minor(s)|
|3930||Licenced Premises Liquer Offence Intoxicated Person(s)|
|3940||Offences by minors Sale Of Liquor|
|3950||Refusal to admit police on Licenced Premises|
|3960||Sales By Unlicensed Persons|
|3970||Unlicensed Premises Liquor Offences|
|4130||Burglary Associated Offences|
|4210||Unlawful Taking Motor Vehicle|
|4220||Unlawfully Interfere Motor Vehicle|
|4230||Take, convert or interfere Bicycle|
|4240||Miscellaneous Car Conversion Etc|
|4410||Receiving Stolen Goods|
|4430||Money Laundering Offences|
|4435||Laundering proceeds of drug dealing|
|4440||Financial Transaction Reporting|
|4512||Possesses Forged Banknote|
|4515||Possesses Implements For Forgery|
|4517||Imitating Authorised Marks|
|4550||Credit by fraud|
|4575||Altering document with intent|
|4581||Forges bank card to obtain money|
|4590||False pretence by credit card or cheques|
|4631||Access computer for dishonest purpose|
|4633||Damage computer endangering life|
|4635||Makes Sells software for crime|
|4636||Access computer without Authority|
|6310||Animals (Neglect & Cruelty)|
|6520||Postal/Rail/Fire Service Abuses|
|7110||Offences Against Justice|
|7210||Births/Deaths & Marriages|
|7510||Against National Interest|
|1C||Car/Person Acting Suspiciously|
|1I||Blockage/Breakdown on Highway|
|1K||Drunk Custody/Detox Centre|
|1Q||Breach Graduated Drivers Licence|
|1R||Breach of the Peace|
|2D||Official Request for Information|
|2N||Civil Court Process|
|2Q||Jury List Vetting|
|2R||Recovery of motor vehicle|
|2T||Warrant to Arrest/Fines Enforcement|
|2U||Warrant of Seizure|
|2W||Arrest Warrant (Other)|
|2Z||Other Service Request/Response|
|3A||Attend Scene of Crime/Incident|
|3C||Crime Prevention Advice|
|3J||Comm Centre Duty|
|3S||Serve Summons/Execute Arrest Warrant|
|3Y||Other School Talks (Not YES)|
|3Z||Other Preventative Task|
|4J||Court Security (Prison Escort)|
|4K||Court Attendance (Witness, etc.)|
|4P||Public Entertainment Duty|
|4S||Vehicle servicing ie petrol/LPG|
|4W||Witness/Other Person Protection|
|4X||Execute Search Warrant|
|5F||Family harm / domestic violence|
|6E||Electronically monitored Bail alarm activation|
|6I||Illegal Street Racing|
|6S||Breach of Police Safety Order|
Non standard event type codes:
|NATSEC||National Security Incident|
|NSEC||Non speech emergency call|
Result (K) Codes
When the responding unit has dealt with the event, they assign a code to indicate the result. There are 4 possible codes:
- K1 - No further action required. Close the CAD event.
- K3 - Although reported as an offence, no offence disclosed. No further action required. Close the CAD event
- K6 - A written report will be submitted for this incident. Close the CAD event.
- K9 - A person has been arrested. Close the CAD event.
Radio Procedure (10) Codes
Radio Procedure codes are used to indicate unit status.
- 10-0 ~ Off duty
- 10-1 ~ A message for all units on this channel follows:
- 10-2 ~ On-route to a CAD event previously dispatched
- 10-3 ~ Available for dispatch to CAD events
- 10-4 ~ Please Repeat / Say Again
10-5 ~ Out of service- (Obsolete since 1997. This status does not exist in current CAD system
- 10-6 ~ Change Channel - (Plain English may be used instead of this code)
- 10-7 ~ Arrived at the scene of a CAD event
10-8 ~ Busy but Available- (Obsolete since 1997. This status does not exist in current CAD system
- 10-9 ~ An urgent message follows
- 10-10 ~ Officer in danger and requires immediate assistance
Procedure words are used to ensure the smooth flow of radio traffic. The following list of international standard procedure words is consistent with Coordinated Incident Management System principles, which promote consistency among emergency services.
- Acknowledge - Let me know that you have received and understood this message.
- Advise - Tell me the following information…
- Affirm - Yes.
- Approved - Permission for proposed action granted.
- Break - Indicates the separation between portions of the message (to be used where there is no clear distinction between the text and other portions of the message).
- Confirm - Have I correctly received the following..? or Did you correctly receive this message?
- Contact - Establish radio or telephone contact with…
- Correct - That is correct.
- Correction - Error has been made in this transmission (or message indicated) correct version is ...
- Disregard - Consider that transmission as not sent.
- Go Ahead - Proceed with your message.
- I Say Again - I repeat for clarity or emphasis.
- I spell - I will spell the next word phonetically.
- Negative - "No" or "Permission is not granted" or "That is not correct".
- Over - My transmission is ended and I expect a response from you.
- Out - My transmission is ended and I expect no response from you.
- Read Back - Repeat all, or the specified part, of this message back to me exactly as received.
- Report - Tell me the situation regarding…
- Request - I need you to do the following…
- Roger - I have received all of your last transmission (under NO circumstances to be used in reply to a question requiring read back or a direct answer in the affirmative or negative - e.g. response to pursuit warning).
- Say Again - Repeat all or the following part of your last transmission.
- Speak Slower - Speak more slowly.
- Standby - Wait and I will call you.